[Haddock] Regenerating Haddock docs on Hackage

Mark Lentczner markl at glyphic.com
Mon Sep 6 11:15:04 EDT 2010

On Sep 6, 2010, at 12:42 AM, Ross Paterson wrote:
> Yes.  I'm using haddock 2.8.1 for new uploads, and am also in the process
> of regenerating the documentation for all the packages,

Excellent! Is there a script for this? I'd love to try to adapt it so that people could do this for their own machines. I had some starts on this myself, but nothing near complete.

> but there were always going to be packages that built in the past but will not build
> with GHC 6.12.3, and I didn't want those to stick out quite as much.

I suppose I would have left them with the old markup and look, perhaps both an indicator of their age, and a nudge to maintainers to keep them up to date :-)   But, either way. I *might* be able to nudge the new CSS slight closer to the new look. Shall I try that?

>> 1) The ability to switch back to the old style for those people who preferred it. (the choice would be sticky for Hackage via js & cookies) (regenerate docs with --built-in-themes to get this)

Are you using --built-in-themes for the regeneration?

	- Mark