Xhtml / New Look to do list...

Mark Lentczner markl at glyphic.com
Sat Jul 24 13:36:39 EDT 2010

Here's my to do list for finishing the Xhtml / New Look project:

Graphic Issues to Design/Decide
• Slide out Synopsis - refine or remove
• Side margins on pre block - probably reduce to zero
• Amount of white space between sections - probably reduce to the neighborhood of 2~3em
• Which sub-sections should be tables, which should  be def-lists, which block layout (like top-level decls):
arguments - tables, seems right
constructors - tables ? but unsure
fields - def-lists, seems right
instances - tables ? probably right
methods - block layout, seems right
associated types - block, seems right

Layout Issues
• When the window is narrow, the buttons and "info block" overlap into the package and module titles
• Collapsable target (currently only for instances) should include the whole "Instances" caption, not just the little image
• Collapsable images should come from .css, not hard coded in xhtml and javascript

Code Issues
• Test all the functionality of the --theme argument
• Test that the new anchors work in Opera and IE (clicking on a reference to a symbol should scroll to the def)
• The Doc constructors DocAName & DocModule don't seem to be generated anywhere in the code base (only save/restored from .haddock files). Are they deprecated? I ask because I had to clean up some markupAName & markupModule functions, which I think I did right, but without use, was unable to verify.

Release Notes
• Write some
• Find a recipe for people to use to easily rebuild all their Haddock doc on their local installs.

I've got plenty of things to clean up / fix / explore for some future version, but I think this is all that is outstanding before we can ship it.

	- Mark

Mark Lentczner
http://www.ozonehouse.com/mark/
IRC: mtnviewmark