styling

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 02:42:06 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 12:50 AM, Mark Lentczner <markl at glyphic.com> wrote:

> Tibbe and I did some cleanups on the nhaddock theme this afternoon.
>
> The results are up on my web site:
>
>        http://www.ozonehouse.com/mark/snap-xhtml/
>        http://www.ozonehouse.com/mark/snap-xhtml/frames.html
>
> All the auxiliary pages are now styled. We made a few "radical" choices:
>
>        Table of Contents is now floated on the right
>        "Description" header is gone
>        "Synopsis" is gone
>
> There are some known flaws to work on: When there is an "info" block
> ("portability", "stability", etc...) then it will crash into the TOC. Also
> the package bar does ugly things when the window is narrow and the package
> name long.

I've attached a patch that increases the margin between paragraphs to 1em to
make each paragraph more distinct.

I also experimented with Indenting the div.top blocks under the headings. I
feel like this gives better grouping (i.e. it's easier to visually see what
goes under each heading.

I tried to have the floating ToC box appear below the main heading (with the
module name) but couldn't get it to work. I'd prefer if the top of the ToC
box aligns with the top of the first description paragraph.

Let me know what you think.

Johan