Preview of XHTML, CSS style-able Haddock output

Thomas Schilling nominolo at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 20 11:41:17 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I was wondering whether really want to keep the table in the argument list.

On the one hand it allows a very compact and neat layout when all the
argument types are short.  However, when the argument names get longer
it just looks weird.  E.g., if one argument is a function, the
description column gets really small.  Ideally I'd like something like
this:

    :: ShortArg   Description right next to it
    -> (ALongArg -> Because -> ItIsA -> Function)
                       Description on separate line, but lining up
with the other descriptions.

As an approximation of this, I personally wouldn't mind if we use
separate lines for everything.  It makes the documentation a little
bit longer, but overall I believe it would be better than the
table-based approach.

I attached a small proof-of-concept.

What do you think?
/ Thomas

--
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to
consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the