Can the Haddock library expose more (then just reading interface files)?

David Waern david.waern at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 15:28:53 EST 2010

2010/2/2 Jürgen Nicklisch-Franken <jnf at arcor.de>:
> Hi David,
> Leksah calls createInterfaces and uses the returned Interface,
> which means to analyse the HsDecl structure. Leksah wants to know the
> type, source position and comment for every exported item.
> If you can't expose the modules we need, you will find a haddock-leksah
> package on hackage soon, with the original haddock, and only the cabal
> file with the added exposed modules. That would be ugly.

I don't see any problems with exposing createInterface and Interface
other than it would bring in a lot of additional data types. I'll see
if I can expose createInterface in the next major release. I'll
probably also rename the current API from Distribution.Haddock to
Documentation.Haddock. Don't expect the API to be very stable,
however, since it will directly expose internal data structures and
functions.

David

David