[Haskell-cafe] Preview the new haddock look and take a short survey

Evan Laforge qdunkan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 11:41:27 EDT 2010

This is something I've wanted for a long time, but I always intended
to just submit a patch since it would be trivial, but maybe other
people have an opinion about it too:

I've always wanted a button to collapse or maybe toggle all expanded
branches.  Once a library gets large, it's easier to navigate when
things are closed by default.  I used to have to re-close giant things
I didn't care about, like the open gl modules, all the time.  And if I
hit the back button to go back to the toc, it's forgotten which
branches I had closed.  Of course, since the stdlib has been broken up
a lot this is less of a problem than it used to be, but as my own
project gets bigger it's since become a problem there.

In fact, without an easy way of closing everything, the fact that
sub-packages are collapsable at all doesn't seem very useful, unless
you use frame view and keep the page open for a long time.