The synopsis drawer

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 09:52:18 EDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 2:44 PM, Mark Lentczner <markl at glyphic.com> wrote:

> I have built a new look for the synopsis drawer, and changed it from being
> a "roll over to open" to being a click on tab to open:
>
>        http://www.ozonehouse.com/mark/snap-xhtml/snap-core/Snap-Types.html
>
> You can click the tab again to close it, or just picking an item both
> scrolls to the item and closes it.

On Chrome on Linux the Synopsis button is drawn incorrectly when expanded
(see attached screenshot).

> Some people suggested we try making the synopsis more like the "mini_"
> pages. I have a rough version of that here (note that the links in this
> version don't work, it is just for evaluating the look):
>

> http://www.ozonehouse.com/mark/snap-xhtml/snap-core-alt/Snap-Types.html
>
> For the record, some discussion with various people on IRC last week netted
> at least one strong opinion that the type signatures in the synopsis (as in
> the first version) are very helpful in knowing what's what.

Since most type signatures disappear of screen I find them less useful. They
also make the synopsis look very cluttered.

I'm still not sure if I'd like to see the synopsis in a final version.

Cheers,
Johan