Lots of SoC progress!

Isaac Dupree id at isaac.CedarSwampStudios.org
Sun Jul 12 19:45:48 EDT 2009

David Waern wrote:
> 2009/7/13 Isaac Dupree <id at isaac.cedarswampstudios.org>:
>> making search faster-than-linear in a web browser without server support
>> seems tricky.  Although I think the existing index-search in javascript,
>> once the page was loaded, was indeed supposed to be log(n) time... was there
>> something wrong with it?
>
> Not sure how it works at all, to be honest. Perhaps it could be made faster.

then I could take another look at the generated page, I guess the main
thing is just that slowness is annoying?  So I can experiment to see
what's slow, like browser's page-rendering or parsing or downloading or
javascript or whatever... tell me if you think this is something worth
spending much time on (it could be kinda fruitless, depending on
luck...); for now, my main projects look more important but maybe later

-Isaac