Lots of SoC progress!

Isaac Dupree id at isaac.CedarSwampStudios.org
Sun Jul 12 19:34:05 EDT 2009

David Waern wrote:
> 2009/7/13 Isaac Dupree <id at isaac.cedarswampstudios.org>:
>> Well, what is the index trying to accomplish?  If it's just to allow people
>> to look-up something that the package exports, I can't see how we can do
>> better (except maybe we could make the HTML more compact so it loads
>> faster?).  (Also there is Hoogle which might or might not be relevant...)
>
> One solution could be to have both the index and the search, so you
> can choose which one to use depending on the size of the package.

making search faster-than-linear in a web browser without server support
seems tricky.  Although I think the existing index-search in javascript,
once the page was loaded, was indeed supposed to be log(n) time... was
there something wrong with it?

-Isaac