[haddock] #69: Errors with class members

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 04:34:54 EST 2009

haddock wrote:
> #69: Errors with class members
> -------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
> Reporter:  NeilMitchell  |        Owner:
>     Type:  defect        |       Status:  new
> Comment (by waern):
>
>  Should have pasted the source code instead, here it comes:
>
>  {{{
>  -- |
>  -- .. with its field, but the field is named separately in the export list
>  -- (should still be visible as a field name)
>  data B = B { b :: Int }
>  }}}
>
>  (And it's from Bug6, not Bug7).

[ Not replying on Trac, since if I do that you won't be able to delete the
spam ticket change entries. ]

The idea is that Haddock simply documents each entity in the export list in
the order that the entities occur.  If you have duplicates in the export
list, then you get duplicate entries in the documentation too.  Record
fields and class methods aren't any different from other entities in this
respect.  I think this is consistent behaviour, and if you don't want it
you can always change the export list.

Cheers,
	Simon