[grapefruit] Can't fit tooltips into grapefruit "box" model

Roman Cheplyaka roma at ro-che.info
Fri Jun 19 15:21:51 EDT 2009

* Wolfgang Jeltsch <g9ks157k at acme.softbase.org> [2009-06-19 17:50:30+0200]
> Am Freitag, 19. Juni 2009 10:06 schrieb Roman Cheplyaka:
> > Yes, I created a brick on top of my own data type, Label, which
> > holds (besides GTK label) GTK tooltips and event box objects.
> > See http://code.haskell.org/juicybar/JuicyBar/GTKDock.hs
> > Works perfectly!
>
> That’s good news. Are you interested in somehow contributing your work to
> Grapefruit?

I'm not sure how. It's a solution of specific problem and it's not
extensible (you need to know from the beginning that you need label,
event box and tooltips -- to form a data type).

If I understand Grapefruit's model correctly, it's solution is Box.
But then we have the problems which I described earlier, and they are
still unsolved.

"Don't let school get in the way of your education." - Mark Twain