[haskell-gnuplot] gnuplot 5.1 failing with ghc 7.6.3 on OS X 10.8.3

haskell at henning-thielemann.de haskell at henning-thielemann.de
Tue Jun 4 21:13:44 BST 2013

On Tue, 4 Jun 2013, Paul Tarau wrote:

> Dear Henning,
>
> I just tried gnuplot 5.1 with ghc 7.6.3 (as part of the Haskell Platform)
> on OSX Mountain Lion. After doing
>
> cabal install -fbuildExamples gnuplot
>
> I tried
>
> gnuplot-demo
>
> It fails with:
>
> Cannot open load file '--persist'
> line 0: util.c: No such file or directory
>
> Is there something missing from the package?

I recently switched from the "-persist" option to the "--persist"
spelling, because the latter one is documented. Thus I assumed that the
single-hyphen variant is deprecated.

You can try the older gnuplot-0.5.0.2 package, where I still use
"-persist", or the package from the darcs repository, where I do not use
the persist option anymore:
   darcs get http://code.haskell.org/gnuplot/

> P.S. Cabal gave the following warnings, just in case they are related:
>
> Warning: Graphics.Gnuplot.MultiPlot: could not find link destinations for:
>    Graphics.Gnuplot.Private.Plot.T

These are Haddock warnings. I don't know whether it is my fault. If you
have several GHC versions installed, then the Haddock shipped with GHC-7.6
cannot cope with installed Haddock files generated by Haddock/GHC-7.4.

Best,
Henning