[haskell-gnuplot] handling missing data: do not connect points with missing data in between

Daniel Seidel ds at informatik.uni-bonn.de
Sat Feb 9 18:20:58 GMT 2013

Hi,

gnuplot again made it very easy to do great plots. But for my current
needs, a very little nasty difference between what I want and what I get
remains:

I've got lists of Floats with NaN inside (that is intended that way) and
plot them with

   plotListsStyle :: C a => [Attribute] -> [(PlotStyle, [a])] -> IO ()

using PlotType LinesPoints for all lists.

My intention is to connect consecutive points, but if there is a NaN in
between, the points should not get connected. Unfortunately, they get
connected.

I don't see how I can influence that behavior without writing the values
to a file on my own and then plot from the file.
Google told me to select the columns in the file to print via ($i)
instead of just i --- so do I really need to print to a file first?

It would be great if anyone had a better idea.

Cheers, Daniel.