[haskell-gnuplot] Haskell Gnuplot histogram example?

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Tue Jun 21 20:49:52 BST 2011

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011, Dmitri O.Kondratiev wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 2:10 AM, Henning Thielemann <lemming at henning-thielemann.de> wrote:
>       Calling 'main' from the Demo module should open several gnuplot windows showing some examples. If it does not, then
>       this might be a difference of gnuplot between Mac and Linux. For PNG output use the Terminal.PNG module instead of
>       Terminal.X11. In the latest version from darcs repository, there is also histogram support and a demo of it.
>
>       darcs get http://code.haskell.org/gnuplot/
>

> I have got the latest (0.5) from darcs:
> 1) Where to find generated docs for this version?

If you install with
$ cabal install --enable-library-documentation

then you find it in
    ~/.cabal/share/doc/gnuplot-0.5/html/index.html

I think generating haddock documentation is the default in .cabal/config

$ grep docu ~/.cabal/config
documentation: True

> 2) Where to look for histogram example?

src/Demo.hs

> 3) I also need to change default histogram colors, any ideas?

You may try to extend the generated curve.gp until you like the histogram
and I try to extend the Haskell binding accordingly.