[haskell-gnuplot] histogram

Michael Litchard michael at schmong.org
Wed Jun 1 00:07:44 BST 2011

Thank you for this request. It made me think about how I was going
about this project. My approach was to go from what I conceived to be
a simpler model, and then go to a more realistic data set later. In
attempting to write a gnuplot script I realized that the sketch I sent
you didn't really help at all. So, I've sent you what I think is a
minimal but realistic sample dataset, with a gnuplot script. I took
the script from the gnuplot tutorial. I tried to remove as much as I
could that I didn't think was important.

set terminal png transparent nocrop enhanced font arial 8 size 820,820
set output 'histograms.2.png'
set boxwidth 0.9 absolute
set style fill   solid 1.00 border -1
set style histogram clustered gap 1 title  offset character 0, 0, 0
set style data histograms
set xtics   ("220" 0.00000, "320" 1.00000, "420" 2.00000, "520"
3.00000, "620" 4.00000, "720" 5.00000)
set title "Comparison of how well software revisions perform on each
hardware version"
set yrange [ 0.00000 : 3000. ] noreverse nowriteback
plot 'example.dat' using 2:xtic(1) ti col, '' u 3 ti col, '' u 4 ti
col, '' u 5 ti col

Firmware_Version 1.0011 1.0012 1.0013 1.0014
220               102 152 172 192
320               213 233 263 293
420               378 388 408 458
520               408 433 463 483