No subject

Sun Apr 24 13:01:10 BST 2011

not getting it and I hope I can get clarification here.
Let's start with newtype T.

newtype T x y a = Cons String

This looks like a partially applied type constructor. Is this right? I
don't know what the String could be appended to. I realized the
suggestion you gave would probably look much like the other
constructors of similar nature. I reasoned that even if I don't
understand what's going on I can still recognize and follow patterns.
After all, that worked for C! Well, maybe not.

Take for example

lines          :: (Atom.C x, Atom.C y) => T x y (x,y)
compared with
histogram :: (Atom.C x) => Graph2DType.T Int Int (x,String)

The first thing that strikes me is while the variables in lines are
general ( x or y) the ones in histogram are not. This is where my
attempt falls apart.

I'm referencing LYAH in an attempt to grasp this concept, and I feel I
should have already.
Could you explain the relationship between newtype T x y a = Cons
String and histogram :: (Atom.C x) => Graph2DType.T Int Int
(x,String)?