[haskell-gnuplot] handling of tuples (Was: latest darcs)

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Thu May 7 10:04:32 EDT 2009

On Thu, 7 May 2009, allan wrote:

> Oh, sorry for the double e-mail, however, one thing: the definition for
> 'path' should in my opinion have ", " (or ",") as the separator rather than
> just " ". This way the generated .dat file is actually a
> comma-separated-value file as well which means it can (for example) be
> imported into say gnumeric/open office or many other things.

I didn't know that gnuplot also handles this format. The idea sounds
great, so I will use this format and I will also call the files .csv.
However, the temporary files are artifacts of the current gnuplot binding,
so in a Haskell program you should not rely on particalur file names,
their format or that temporary files are used at all. We could however add
functions for exporting data series to a file.