[Chart] GSOC acceptance

Tim Docker tim at dockerz.net
Tue May 28 12:34:50 BST 2013

Hi,

I'm pleased to let you know that the project I referred to previously
has been accepted by the Google Summer of Code. This means that we will
have Jan Bracker working on the chart and diagrams libraries over the
summer to:

         - abstract the rendering backend
         - building a new backend targeting the diagrams library

The goal here is to keep everything working with cairo, but also support
a pure haskell rendering. Many potential users are put off by the
gtk+cairo dependency, especially on windows and osx. So this will be a
big step forward.

Tim