[Chart] A bunch of features and fixes.

Malcolm Wallace malcolm.wallace at me.com
Mon Jan 30 19:27:56 GMT 2012

Hi Chart people,

I attach a (largish) bundle of patches which contains a bunch of new features and fixes.  Happy to hear discussion about any of the issues raised.

* New API stackLayout1sVertically.  We had a discussion about this about a year ago: it differs from renderLayout1sStacked in some important respects, and neither can be implemented purely in terms of the other.

* Allow axes to be drawn in the middle of plot (e.g. at (0,0)), not just at the edges.  We also had a brief discussion about this one a whole ago.  Tim was in favour of making these central axes qualitatively different, rather than reusing/moving the bottom and left axes, but I have not had the chance to do that.

* Allow axis tick labels to be rotated by an arbitrary angle.

* Sparklines.

* Multibars - allows arbitrarily clustered+stacked combinations of PlotBars.

* Bugfixes: two incomplete pattern-match crashes.