Welcome All!

Alp Mestan alp at mestan.fr
Sun Jan 31 15:46:28 EST 2010

Hello, list.

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 6:04 AM, Jake McArthur <jake.mcarthur at gmail.com>wrote:

> I will probably end up amending this list later as I think of new ideas
> or ways to word the above ideas better. Here's my questions to
> everybody. Why are *you* here? What do you hope to get out of alt-stdlib?

Since I'm likely to be the less experienced Haskeller here, I first found
alt-stdlib to be a great opportunity for me to improve my knowledge and
experience in Haskell, by writing the kind of code one can expect to see in
a standard library. But since the first time I heard of alt-stdlib, I have
written a lot of Haskell code and am much, much more confortable. So one of
the things I hope to get out of alt-stdlib *today* is to take advantage of
new & popular techniques (mostly usable through GHC extension) -- and thus
become more familiar with them -- to help in designing and implementing a
"modern" Haskell standard library.

To be honest, I probably won't be invested as much as Jake will be, since I
have my own library to improve and maintain, but still I really like the
idea of a "modern" standard library and I will try to put some bricks into
that wall.

--
Alp Mestan
http://alpmestan.wordpress.com/