How to read .cu files (dragon.cu?) that accelerate generates.

Manuel M T Chakravarty mchakravarty at mac.com
Mon Dec 13 04:52:37 EST 2010

Takayuki Muranushi:
> Nice to meet you, let me make a first question.
>
> Today, I succeeded in installing Accelerate in GPU machine and running
> examples. This project is very interesting!
> To begin with, I'm going to write my samples and see how they work. As
> doing so, it'll be helpful if I could see what kind of codes are being
> generated and how they change as I change the Haskell programs. At the
> moment, I guess Accelerate is removing .cu files it generates because
> I can't find them.
>
> So, is there an easy way to make Accelerate keep the files? Or, shall
> I modify Compile.hs or something, to do that?

Which version of Accelerate are you using?  You might want to have a look at accelerate.cabal (in the toplevel directory).  There are various options that you can pass during the configure step (when compiling the library).  On of the more recent options is 'pcache'.  If you pass the option '-fpcache' to configure, Accelerate will keep the generated kernels in a subdirectory called "cache".

We have also got a paper describing code generation in some detail:

  http://justtesting.org/final-version-of-the-accelerate-paper-gpgpu-i

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
Manuel